Apartment Brewing, Is It Possible?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like so many others here, I am an apartment brewer and having alot of fun with it. If someone wants to brew, there is no reason to hold back and wait for a house when its very easily done in an apartment. granted I am limited to partial boil extract batches, but what the hell Im having fun so who cares.

That SimpleBrew build looks incredible. I can only dream of having a system like that in my apartment (~800 sq ft... but the wife's stuff seems to take up 700 of that). That said, apartment brewing isn't so tough if you use a method like DeathBrewer's stovetop partial-mash or BIAB. And outside of the summertime, temp control is pretty easy since my apartment stays in the low 70's/high 60's.

Now if only I could figure out a cheap and small keg system...

I do 5 gal AG batches in my apartment, on an electric stove to boot with full boils (I do use a heat stick...). Let no one tell you what you can't do. I'm going to be getting a keezer soon with any luck!

Back