APA/Pale Ale recipe, does this all look ok?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blinky2134

Reaction score
How does this look? Im wondering whether to drop the Galaxy in the hopstand, either half it or not at all and up it in the dry hop? My other thought.... Im using NEIPA Yeast, should I add 500g of porridge/rolled oats and drop some of the pale malt? Going to go with a NEIPA water profile as well

Attachments

• Galaxy Quest.pdf
    864.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
So you're going for a hazy pale ale? Hazies typically have a little less bitterness, to get more of a juicy profile. But honestly, the recipe seems fine. If you do want more of a juicy character, get rid of the Magnum entirely, and trade some of the pilsner for some more wheat.

It’ll make beer. Good beer! Pale ale and Munich makes a nice backbone for a hoppy beer.

I personally split the aroma hops between a 10 minute addition and the hop stand, and I dry hop later, a day or two before packaging. But your way will work fine.

yeah - I have split the hops between a 20min hop stand at 85 degrees and a 5 day dry hop

Back