APA Advice

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

striker918

Reaction score
I have had an American Pale Ale conditioning in bottles for 3 weeks as of yesterday. I have them in 16 and 22oz grolsch bottles. Would they benefit from a little more conditioning or should I put them in the fridge? Carbonation seems to be just about right but was wondering if they will improve if they sit longer.

Thanks!

In regards to carbonation, once the yeast eats all of the remaining sugar it will go to sleep and settle at the bottom. Letting it sit for longer won't carb it up more. I think you would benefit from chilling them in the fridge if you're happy with the carbonation level, to help clear the beer. If you want to age them, say for big beers, keeping them at cellar temps is a good thing.

They probably will benefit from a little more conditioning, especially if they are on the strong end of pale ale range. But they should be very drinkable right now, so slide a couple of the the 16's in the fridge. Next week try a few more.

Back