Anytime IPA - WTF?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlueHouseBrewhaus

Reaction score
Just bought a sixer of Anytime IPA. It's a new session IPA (4.6% ABV) that's sort of medium hoppy refreshing IPA. It is brewed by The Just Beer Project. I was reading the label - "a craft beer company located in Burlington, VT. Our mission is to deliver craft beers, expertly brewed, without all the complication. You just drink it. It tastes great." However, upon reading elsewhere on the label, we see "Brewed and bottled by The Just Beer Project, Cincinnati, OH and Breinigsville, PA in collaboration with the BOSTON BEER COMPANY."(my emphasis)

So what's the story? Sam Adams needs to try to nudge a few craft brewers out of business. The Burlington, VT tie-in was a nice touch. Buys some crunchy granola VT craft brew cred. But it sounds like they maybe have a PO box there and not much else. If they really want to branch out, they could just start a line called "Sam Adams Craft" or something instead of trying to sneak in the back door.

I like plenty of SA beers but I wouldn't call them a craft brewery. Craft brewers have enough trouble getting established without be pushed around by the big dog.

It is. The bitterness and aroma are right where I like them (not a big mega hop head). It just strikes me as vaguely sleezy to try to hide that it's basically a Sam Adams brew.

Back