Anyone using Center of Gravity Brewhouse?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobonthenet

Reaction score
I have wanted a tower for some time but have not purchased one because of the cost. Last night I got an email from Northern Brewer advertising the Center of Gravity™ Brewhouse. It looks like exactly what I've been wanting at a greatly reduced cost. Does anyone have any experience with this thing, if so what do you think of it?

Center of Gravity™ Brewhouse

I was under the impression this thing was just released? There might not be too many people who have used it.

I was excited when I got the email, and when I got home I checked it out some more. First thing for me, is that I don't know if I'm down for those burners. Granted, this stand does cost $80 more than the Blichmann that doesn't have burners, I kind of like my KAB6 that I have.

One really cool thing is how easy it is to setup and break down. I'm going to wait for others to review it, and see how much flexibility this thing has.

Im interested in this also. Been looking to maybe build one of find a used one. I like the the way it can be put up and put away when not in use. Hopefully it will get some reviews soon. You can get it on the Midwest Supplies website using the 20% off coupon they are currently using. Makes it tempting to try.

Im interested in this also. Been looking to maybe build one of find a used one. I like the the way it can be put up and put away when not in use. Hopefully it will get some reviews soon. You can get it on the Midwest Supplies website using the 20% off coupon they are currently using. Makes it tempting to try.

Even at 20% off, I'd still be skeptical with what I feel (and I could be wrong) are subpar burners. I haven't looked in to it since the other day, but is there anything about mounting additional equipment to the stand? Such as pumps, shelves, etc... like the Top Tier?

I didn't notice anything implying you could add shelves and such. But don't see why you couldn't attach some shelf/etc. to it on your own if you wanted. The burners look like the same that I use now on a turkey fryer and have never had an issue getting liquids to temp quickly or any soot.

I didn't notice anything implying you could add shelves and such. But don't see why you couldn't attach some shelf/etc. to it on your own if you wanted. The burners look like the same that I use now on a turkey fryer and have never had an issue getting liquids to temp quickly or any soot.

Did you end up buying this by any chance? I'm interested in it as well but can't find too many reviews. I see on NB so people complain about the gas manifold being leaky. Otherwise, I can't find any feedback. LMK...

I found it interesting that they upgraded the Darkstar to the SQ14 style banjo burner which is a huge improvement over the jet burner but then put out the Center of Gravity tower with the old jet burners. Would have been nice to see the same SQ14 banjo burners in the tower.

Did you end up buying this by any chance? I'm interested in it as well but can't find too many reviews. I see on NB so people complain about the gas manifold being leaky. Otherwise, I can't find any feedback. LMK...

No, I didn't.

3 ratings on NB, one 4 star and two 3 star. Not great, but there seems to be only the gas line problem.

My suggestion to NB and Midwest: Offer options. Upgraded burner option, and a shelf in place of a burner for those that mash in a cooler. Maybe even two shelves for those who might use a single burner and a pump for transferring the hot water.

Anyone have an update on this? I just saw it in the spring catalog Midwest sent me and I'm intrigued.

Here's a video review.

Difficulty: Wisconsinites that are afraid of cold-weather brewing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a video review.

Difficulty: Wisconsinites that are afraid of cold-weather brewing.

Hey! There was a weekend in February that I had to reschedule our brew day. Probably the same day that they were brewing on. High temps in the single digits. It's not so bad to stand out there in it if your have a coat. It's the freezing water hose, frozen propane tank, and the frostbite from cleaning out the mash tun and boil kettle that gets you.

Rescheduled for the following weekend and we had highs in the 50s and 60s. :tank:

Latest posts

Back