Anyone Try Stone Path Nor'Easter Craft Malt

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Franktalk

Reaction score
Has anyone used this malt? If so, how was it? They are nearby my home, and I'm thinking of buying a bag of malt to try. I feel pretty sure that it will be good, but I thought I'd ask.

I have used some of the other Stone Path malts in the past, as my LHBS carried some before they closed., so I am sure it's a good malt. Took a tour of their malthouse with my club last summer. Amazing setup and their system is German made and only something like 1 of 6 in the world. I know a lot of Mass breweries that like Stone Path malts too.

Our homebrew club has been buying a lot of malt from them also and have been very pleased. Because I brew a lot of German styles I've only been brewing with the IREKS malt that they import from Germany (that they are repackaging as Franconian Malts--although the specialty malts from IREKS they are calling IREKS malts--go figure) and I am really pleased with the Pilsner, Vienna, Munich and wheat. Other guys in my club have used the Nor'East malts and have been pleased. The only thing they don't have that I have been buying from elsewhere has been for English beers.

That's great to know! Thank you for taking the time to answer.

I have used some of the other Stone Path malts in the past, as my LHBS carried some before they closed., so I am sure it's a good malt. Took a tour of their malthouse with my club last summer. Amazing setup and their system is German made and only something like 1 of 6 in the world. I know a lot of Mass breweries that like Stone Path malts too.
They haven't closed! Visited today, had a couple of beer and purchased a sack of 2-row. I'm really psyched to brew with it. The brews that they have on tap are supposedly brewed with their malts, and they were excellent!

Latest posts

Back