Anyone tried Austin Homebrew Double Chocolate Stout?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luckylindy345

Reaction score
Anyone out there tried the Austin hombrew supply Double Chocolate Stout extract kit? The site says it is "similar in style to Young's Double Chocolate Stout" which I love, so I thought I might try it, but I wanted to ask around here first to see what you guys thought of it. Any other recommendations for a chocolate stout extract kit would be awesome too, if you think there are better ones out there!

Thanks

Wow! Looks like some glowing reviews! Thanks for pointing that out, I didn't know you guys had reviews on your site. If anyone else has any input, I wouldn't mind hearing it though!

I have 3 brews in the pipeline now so I can wait for this one. But now I'm looking at the AHS Holiday Chocolate Stout. This looks like it may be even tastier...

+10 on this kit. Even better with a little raspberry extract or fresh cherries in the secondary.

I ended up going with the AHS Holiday Chocolate Stout. I love spiced beers and I couldn't pass up the nutmeg and cinnamon in the Holiday Chocolate!

I ended up going with the AHS Holiday Chocolate Stout. I love spiced beers and I couldn't pass up the nutmeg and cinnamon in the Holiday Chocolate!

Ha, I just brewed the allgrain version of this last Friday, it went from 1.062 to 1.018 in 36 hours(giant starters rule)! It already tastes great.

Anyone out there tried the Austin hombrew supply Double Chocolate Stout extract kit? The site says it is "similar in style to Young's Double Chocolate Stout"...
Pardon the :off: , but this evening I tried a Young's Double Chocolate Stout with a home-smoked chipotle pepper added to the glass. It was great - after about 15 minutes the beer had a lovely spicy heat to it that complemented the chocolate really well.

I've brewed this kit before AG type. It is the kitten mittens. It's really good. But of course, this is true for all of Austin Homebrew Supply kits.

It did take a few months to taste right, but once it did, it didn't last very long.

Awsome kit, good beer, and a great company to deal with. what more can I say?

can someone message me the recipe?

Buy it! If you dont support your LHBS at least support your OHBS :)

Closest LHBS from me is 1.5 hour away, not worth the trip. I bought 2 kits from AHS and have next one from Midwest. Next will be from Northern Brewer and all of them are top online vendors.

Back