Anyone solve a way to hold the controller in one place?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mscroggi

Reaction score
I have a Blichmann Brew commander 220v The power plug coming out is rather short and extremely beefy. - a good thing but creates a problem when trying to use it.

I stow my components in a cabinet before use. I don't want to permanently mount the unit to the wall etc. Because the cord to the wall is short and stiff, it creates a problem trying to get the controller to sit upright and not move around. The last time I used it, I strapped it to a piece of wood so I could set it on a side table and stay in place.. Its a temporary arrangement while I try to figure out something better.

I thought I might be able to come up with a way to attach the controller to the wall temporarily until the session is over. Has anyone come up with an elegant solution for this?

I ran across this, and was thinking it could be adapted for my purposes - https://www.amazon.com/Mount-Lockable-Specifically-Swiveling-Compatible/dp/B089BWXRGJ?th=1

Anyone have any ideas?

I solved the issue of holding the controller in one place for use. I thought I would share, as others might be looking to solve the same problem.

I made use of one of those clamp on laptop arms. $34 and looks like it will be a good solution. The bonus is, it fully attaches to my mobile brewing rig so there is nothing attached to the wall. It can be turned vertical and swung around towards the cart for storage and does not increase the amount of space needed. I bolted on a piece of wood as a spacer to hold the cables at a good height so the controller can sit flat without wanting to raise up in the front. With the big cables supported, the controller is able to use the shelf without being attached at all. It doesnt want to move. I put a bungee across the big cables just to prevent being accidentally pulled on etc when moving cart.

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2022-11-24 07-34-13.png
    Screenshot from 2022-11-24 07-34-13.png
    966.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot from 2022-11-24 07-34-41.png
    Screenshot from 2022-11-24 07-34-41.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot from 2022-11-24 07-35-25.png
    Screenshot from 2022-11-24 07-35-25.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back