Anyone seen a tap like this?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

koomber

Reaction score
I've found these taps in Germany and they look pretty nice and best of all they are pretty cheap. I've dealt with the company before and they are exceptional.

My only problem is that I can find out pretty much nothing about the taps. CAn one of you chaps shed some light on this?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EDELSTAHL...e_Haushalt&hash=item1e6838c352#ht_2103wt_1110

!B+62sO!CWk~$(KGrHqQOKpYEy+jCy!rEBNBO,YWSYQ~~_12.JPG

!B+6koUwEWk~$(KGrHqF,!h0E0Ew3oKKIBNBNvywC)!~~_12.JPG

It looks like a decent faucet... The second pic shows that it has a flow control (line compensator) but can't see how you would adjust it unless it's controlled by how much you open the faucet but that would be scary when friends come over :mug:

My feeling is that they are quarter turn. With any luck they will still be there next week when I get paid

I've found these taps in Germany and they look pretty nice and best of all they are pretty cheap. I've dealt with the company before and they are exceptional.

My only problem is that I can find out pretty much nothing about the taps. CAn one of you chaps shed some light on this?

!B+62sO!CWk~$(KGrHqQOKpYEy+jCy!rEBNBO,YWSYQ~~_12.JPG

!B+6koUwEWk~$(KGrHqF,!h0E0Ew3oKKIBNBNvywC)!~~_12.JPG

The first picture is a plain faucet ,no flow control (Kolbenhahn).
The second picture has a flow control adjustment screw on the side (Kompensatorhahn).
All my faucet have the adjustment on the outside, not as modern looking.
The nice thing about the faucets, no long lines are required to balance the system.

100_1694.jpg

Cheers,
ClaudiusB

ClaudiusB, I never even noticed the screw!

Thanks a whole lot for the help. That has cleared it up alot for me. :tank:

So what's the price on these and are there some for others? Like me....

They're $27 Euro (which is about £20 for the UK) I'm not sure if it would work out too good a deal for the US market unless you bought in bulk.

Check the ebay link. Also check their shop.

I've used these guys in the past for kegs and they are just silly priced. I got 3 full size kegs and two 2.5 Gallon kegs for £125 (about $200) including delivery. If I bought hte kegs in the UK I'd be £120 for the 3 full size kegs and probably another £120 for the small ones. I intended to sell the small ones since they're about 2-3 times the price of the full size ones.

The guy who runs the shop is really friendly so I suppose you could drop him an email and find out the postage costs if you wanted them. Or buy a 2.5 gallon keg, get him to load it with taps and post it over and then sell the keg to cover the costs of shipping.

Seriously though. These guys rock for the UK/EU based brewer.

Back