Anyone know what this mystery hop may be?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spark_plug

Reaction score
My last trip into the city I stopped at a brew shop and bought some hops, as the LBS in my little town doesn't cater to craft brewers.

They were down on hop selection while I was there, so I just bought every bag he had without looking which, was about 6 different varieties.

However when I got home and was going through the different ones I bought, there was this one that was labeled NB 10.3% AA. At first I thought, ah its Northern Brewer. But then I noticed that I already had a bag of Northern Brewer labeled 8.6% AA. I've read through many different Alpha Acid tables of all the hop varieties, but have never come across this one.

Anybody have a guess as to what it could be? Maybe a different Northern Brewer strain possibly?

Northern brewer ranges from 7 to 11 aa according to the fresh hops website. Probably northern brewer.

Back