Anyone know what happened to BeerMaverick.com ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you try choosing a hop to compare? Cuz that part is what's not working... The website itself is "up", I think their database is either broken or offline.
The hop to compare page loads, but i don't seems to be able to select any hops, so indeed there database may be down.

Someone here recently made a hops guide app. If you have Android, search for "guia de lupulos". It should be the first listing called "Hops Guide". I'm sure there's an iPhone version too.

I've been using it here lately when looking for a hop substitution. So far I like it.

Someone here recently made a hops guide app. If you have Android, search for "guia de lupulos". It should be the first listing called "Hops Guide". I'm sure there's an iPhone version too.
Thanks YesFan, I was very glad to see that I don't actually need to brush off my old high-school spanish! Looks pretty useful!

Yes, as that reddit reports, it's still broken. For me, the same as before, both the hop tools and the yeast tool.
But at least the person who might be able to get it fixed is engaged.

That this thing seemed to be news to said person indicates my email a week or more ago did not get to them...

Cheers!

update: at the moment, it is working for me (FireFox current)

1706040824223.png

I barely have time for HBT, much less reddit which hearkens back to the infinitely fractal ALT.younameitwegotit USENET of yesteryear.

I do however really like the hop compare of the maverick of beer.

If one has a laptop/desktop [*], lurking in /r/homebrewing doesn't need to be time-consuming:
  1. Scan the 'newest submissions' list, bookmark interesting topics
  2. wait a couple of days for the topic to finish, then review the topic

* this may not work on devices with browsers that make bookmarking difficult.

Not so much a comparison chart but a substitution chart. This was posted recently on one of the homebrewing FB pages.

Attachments

• Hop Substitution Chart_01-23-2024.pdf
    432.3 KB · Views: 0
Back