Anyone know how I can get the New Zealand superdelic hops in the US?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sleepy_D

Reaction score
These new hops seem really interesting but I can’t find a supplier that will have them for Homebrewers in the states, anyone know of a source of these hops?

From what I've read about NZH-102/Superdelic is that they are only releasing it to about 60 breweries now. I haven't seen any plans to sell it to our level (LHBS) yet.

From what I've read about NZH-102/Superdelic is that they are only releasing it to about 60 breweries now. I haven't seen any plans to sell it to our level (LHBS) yet.
What a shame, the profile looks really interesting! Found a couple stores selling at homebrew level but only locally in New Zealand

Subscribing to this thread. I’ve been periodically searching the web for Superdelic and still haven’t seen US homebrew sales. I also emailed Yakima Valley Hops about them and the response was an amorphous “maybe” burger. I’d love to brew with them. They sound like a great pairing for my favorite hop, Barbe Rouge.

So I ordered Superdelic from BeerCo.com. I have dealt with them in the past with Nectaron and they were/are great. It took a few weeks for delivery. I ordered a lot (5 kgs) to make the shipping worth it. I'll have some to share with friends :). I have a single hop pale ale scheduled to brew on Sunday. I'll try to keep you guys posted on the results. Cheers!

So I ordered Superdelic from BeerCo.com. I have dealt with them in the past with Nectaron and they were/are great. It took a few weeks for delivery. I ordered a lot (5 kgs) to make the shipping worth it. I'll have some to share with friends :). I have a single hop pale ale scheduled to brew on Sunday. I'll try to keep you guys posted on the results. Cheers!
Are we friends? Would you like to be friends? 😂 How do they smell? I’d like to hear how that pale ale turns out

So I'm 18 days into a Superdelic single hop Pale Ale. The aroma is amazing, fruit salald on steroids. I did a late fermentation 1 oz dry hop, to be followed with a 2 oz post-soft crash dry hop. I'll keep this thread posted with the final tasting (probably 4-5 weeks from now). I love trying new banger hops! @Sleepy_D may be able to add his experience, too. We did a hop trade :).

So I'm 18 days into a Superdelic single hop Pale Ale. The aroma is amazing, fruit salald on steroids. I did a late fermentation 1 oz dry hop, to be followed with a 2 oz post-soft crash dry hop. I'll keep this thread posted with the final tasting (probably 4-5 weeks from now). I love trying new banger hops! @Sleepy_D may be able to add his experience, too. We did a hop trade :).
Glad to hear it’s going well! I’m probably going to use it for the first time in a month or two so I can make something for sweethearts revenge. Can’t wait to try this hop!

Any update on this beer???

I got this beer on tap, nice tropical fruit vibes, but subdued, probably due to the lowish dry hop amount (3oz). Reminds me of the good Galaxy we could get a few years ago. Not overwhelming, but it is really good. I'm not sure it lives up to the hop hype, but it is worth more experimenting. This particular single hop pale ale has a bit more bittering (44 ibus) than my usual. But that is what I like.

SuperDelic would probably make an awesome NEIPA with Nectaron and Citra. Maybe a touch of CTZ. Looks like I have a recipe to build. Cheers!
IMG_5155.jpg

I got this beer on tap, nice tropical fruit vibes, but subdued, probably due to the lowish dry hop amount (3oz). Reminds me of the good Galaxy we could get a few years ago. Not overwhelming, but it is really good. I'm not sure it lives up to the hop hype, but it is worth more experimenting. This particular single hop pale ale has a bit more bittering (44 ibus) than my usual. But that is what I like.

SuperDelic would probably make an awesome NEIPA with Nectaron and Citra. Maybe a touch of CTZ. Looks like I have a recipe to build. Cheers!
View attachment 833089
Awesome thanks for the update! Maybe I’ll pair it up with some nectaron or Nelson or Riwaka if it seems like it’s not super potent on its own

Northwest Hop Farms in Ca
Yep — see above post. There are at least half a dozen hops that I’ve only been able to get from Northwest. Only good things to say, other than of course shipping will take a bit longer from Canada if you’re in the US.

My Superdelic hop water is ready to go, but I’m waiting for a tap to open up. 4 ounces in 5 gallons.

Just tried the hop water for the first time, and I'm not blown away. It's a fine hop that hits me mostly with ruby-red grapefruit, and maybe a touch of mango. But it does not seem very assertive, and I think it will struggle to be seen if mixed with most other "IPA hops." I was expecting something more with a name like that.

Edit: the taste has changed a bit a few days in. I'm still getting the ruby red, but also a pronounced candy-fruit Jolly-Rancher flavor. It's quite nice. I'm still not sure what other hops I'd mix it with, if any.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back