Anyone in NE Ohio wanna join me for a brew?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just made my first batch (extract) two weeks ago. I would be interested in seeing the AG process as I plan on going that route in the future, unfortunately I'm busy this weekend. I ordered some golding and cascade rhizomes so hopefully I'll have some home grown hops in the fall. Maybe could set something up for the end of summer?

I just made my first batch (extract) two weeks ago. I would be interested in seeing the AG process as I plan on going that route in the future, unfortunately I'm busy this weekend. I ordered some golding and cascade rhizomes so hopefully I'll have some home grown hops in the fall. Maybe could set something up for the end of summer?

I am also brewing sometime during next week. Maybe an Imperial Stout. You are welcome to check out the process then. After that I will probably brew every other week.

I'll be there for sure! Is there anything I can bring? I don't have much in the way of equipment (I'm PMing at the moment), but any snacks or anything? Don't want to be a moocher ya know :mug:

Keith

I'll be there for sure! Is there anything I can bring? I don't have much in the way of equipment (I'm PMing at the moment), but any snacks or anything? Don't want to be a moocher ya know :mug:

Keith

You can do a partial mash at my house with your equipment if you want. The more the better!

Bring what you want though. Homebrew? A six pack of something interesting?

We can order pizza for lunch...

You guys are killing me here! Please promise me that you'll do this again in September/October? I'll come down for one in the fall, I promise.

I can do a brew day anytime. Just let me know!

Saturday will now be 2 batches for me. 10gallons with LakeErieBrew and 10gallons immediately after with my neighbor that brews. I have 2 starters of 1056 going right now to be ready for tomorrow's festivities.:rockin:

I can do a brew day anytime. Just let me know!

Saturday will now be 2 batches for me. 10gallons with LakeErieBrew and 10gallons immediately after with my neighbor that brews. I have 2 starters of 1056 going right now to be ready for tomorrow's festivities.:rockin:

Good luck on that, TommyBoy! :mug:

Probably a silly question but if I do my PM at your place would I just pitch my starter when I get the wort home? I'm about 40 minutes from you, so I think the wort would be ok for the ride. I'll bring my stuff: gas, burner, brewpots, cooler, etc.

Thanks man, can't wait.

Keith

Thanks TommyBoy for a great brewday!! I had a blast! I'll post some of the pics I took as soon as my wife shows me how to download them. We will definitely have to do that again. You and LakeErieBrew certainly showed me that even I can jump into AG.

Thanks again.

Your welcome. Yesterday was cool and I am definitely up for many more of those. Maybe late June and late July. I was pretty beat after the second batch. I would like to get a couple more people/rigs going next time.

Drew, How's your fermentation? I blew my bubbler cap of and had to switch to a tube with our IPA. The Pale Ale I made with my neighbor Tim is going great also in the Fermenator.

I think I am going to make a Russian Imperial Stout in two weeks so it will be ready for the holidays.

Keep me posted for the next one. I'd definitely like to make it. I don't really have a rig, but I'll work on getting some sort of bin to make my setup more travel friendly. The worst part will be the mash tun, kettle and propane tank.

As of right now I think I will be making the stout in two weeks and then after drinking Drew's (LakeErieBrew) saison Saturday I think I need to put together 10 gallons of that maybe the weekend of June 27.

Would love to get a bunch of brewers over at my place for June 27th. Start marking your calenders.

Keith,

We'll go again late July...

I pitched some washed 1056 when I got home Saturday. I'm not sure what time it took off, but it was really rocking hard by the time I got home around 8PM last night. I have plenty of head spacing in my bucket, so I haven't had anything blow out of the blowoff tube.

June 27 is my daughter's birthday party, so I won't be able to make that one. I will try to make it if you do another brew day in July.

As of right now I think I will be making the stout in two weeks and then after drinking Drew's (LakeErieBrew) saison Saturday I think I need to put together 10 gallons of that maybe the weekend of June 27.

Would love to get a bunch of brewers over at my place for June 27th. Start marking your calenders.

Keith,

We'll go again late July...

Marked! Hopefully I can make it. Not too sure whats on the calendar for then. I think I need to brew the actual recipe from Good Eats "Amber Waves" episide for my Alton Brown Beer experiment. That would be perfect since its extract with steeping grains.

Hey guys, I see I'm a little late to this thread but I just moved to Cleveland last week. I'd definitely be interested in meeting up with fellow homebrewers, and I have a 70 qt MLT that could be used for future brews if need be.

dont do the alton brown as is. At least dont use the ice. My folks live in Chardon as did I about 15 years ago. My son is actually up with the grandparents right now, gotta go pick him up Sunday. There is a Homebrewing Club that started up in Concord recently...little Mt. homebrewers I think. Also SNOBS in Cleveland.

Hey guys, I see I'm a little late to this thread but I just moved to Cleveland last week. I'd definitely be interested in meeting up with fellow homebrewers, and I have a 70 qt MLT that could be used for future brews if need be.

I brewed Saturday (Imperial Strawberry Blonde) but might be brewing again the weekend of the 27th/28th. I have a neighbor that is in with me now on my batches but you could either come to hang out or bring your own gear.

I'm in Chardon and I'm just getting started, have most of my equipment but I haven't brewed anything yet. I'd love to come hang out for a brew day if just to see the whole process and not brew anything myself.

I'm in Chardon and I'm just getting started, have most of my equipment but I haven't brewed anything yet. I'd love to come hang out for a brew day if just to see the whole process and not brew anything myself.

I am planning on brewing 10 gallons Monday evening. Will probably start at 5:00pm. Going to try a variation of the Orange Cascade Ale I have been reading about on here.

PM me if you are interested in coming up.

Tom

Back