Anyone have experience with these 5.2L (1.37gal) kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BankerJohn

Reaction score
http://www.schaeferkegs.com/eco_kegs.php

I'm looking for a smaller keg that will fit in my wifes refridgerator. Most of the smaller kegs I have found are still 14" high - too tall. I found these ECOkegs online at 9" tall with a 10" diameter footprint.

Does anyone have any experience with these? What tap is needed to tap? 5.2L - that is what, about a 12 pack worth of beer on tap?

Thanks for your input.

It's about 14 beers. That thing looks pretty funny...I almost want one just to smile at everytime I pull it out.

It looks to be a typical sanke tap, which would be doable. Have you gotten a price quote from them?

I'm interested in a price as well.. I would like to do small scale brewing and this would be perfect!

I'm wanting to have a keg that will fit in a residential fridge with the rest of my family's food, etc. and not have a dedicated fridge for my beer. A corny or even the smaller 2.5gal corny is still tall enough to require removing 2 shelves. From the dimensions shown, it appears this will be about as tall as a gallon of milk with a little larger diameter foot print.
I already have other 5gal & 7.75 gallon kegs with Sanke "d" spears so in a perfect world, this new keg will use the same tap to be interchangeable with all of my kegs.

I have a call into the company and am waiting for the rep to return a call. I just wish someone on here has some experience with these before I stroke a check for 3 or 4 of these things.

you will probably need to be sitting down when they give you the price. they weren't all that receptive to dealing with me when I inquired about a larger keg.

I'm sure a company like this deals exclusively with bigger breweries also, so they may not even sell you an order of less that 25-50. In that case, you should try to get a group buy going on here. I'd be in for a few.

I looked into buying some kegs (can't remember the company name) that were completely made of plastic (food grade), and had a removable lid on them with a sanke attachment. They were rated to hold a good amount of pressure, but they wouldn't sell them to me without an order of 25 or more.

They will sell to the homebrewer. I was looking @ their smaller freshKeg for portable use, but have not purchased yet (I may go with cornies). Search freshkeg here and you can find a few threads/posts.

Here is one with some price quotes post # 82, the freshkegs aren't that bad on price considering how much a 2.5/3 gal corny cost and you do not need all the co2 gear (paint ball tank and regulator for travel purposes).

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f11/got-keg-riddled-guilt-149925/index9.html

Please let us know if you get any pricing on those little ones.

Quoting the prices from the other thread. I really want some of the 3gal tanks for concerts and stuff. Although, I imagine a 3gal tank+ Air is close to the same size of a 5gal corney...

But a 1.3gal keg is way too small...

Springer said:
Hi Mark, thank you for your interest in our product. All our kegs ship from Buffalo, NY.

All kegs have Micro-Matic Draught (sanky) fitting.

15.5 gal / 58.6 litre Stainless Steel keg - $135.70

13.2 gal / 50.0 litre Stainless Steel keg - $140.00

5.16 gal / 19.5 litre ECO keg = $89.99

USED 30 litre PLUS kegs - $35.00 each

5.16 gal / 19.5 litre PLUS keg BLACK = $99.95,
5.16 gal / 19.5 litre PLUS keg BLUE = $99.95

3.85 gal / 15.0 litre freshKEG RR with Draught fitting & built in gas chamber = $127.50
2.95 gal / 11..3 litre freshKEG RR with Draught fitting & built in gas chamber = $122.50

freshKEG, Stainless steel Tap = $57.00
freshKEG Preset regulator = $33.45
freshKEG draft/sanky 'T'coupler = $35.20

All kegs are shipped once payment is received.

Please let me know if I can be of future assistance

Always drink fresh Draught

Richard Wagner

President - Keg Club Inc. / Schaefer Kegs NA
Tel 519 751 1201

High quality Schaefer containers for any application.....

Back