Anyone have a Beverage Air fan...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomRep

Reaction score
I got a Beverage Air BM23 on Craigslist for free last year. Needed some wiring and a refrigerant charge. Luckily I'm and auto mechanic and it uses the same freon as cars take (R134-a). I made a fitting up to go in the system so i could fill it and finally got around to doing so. Thing is working like a champ for about $15 invested into it. However, I need the fan that is mounted on the inside up by the evaporator (used to push the cold air into the fridge). I can buy a brand new one but they are a bit expensive. Figured I'd see if any DIYers picked up one of these units in hopes to fix it but couldn't get it running. I'd obviously be willing to pay for it an shipping. Please let me know if you have anything or how any of you might have used a different fan. I'm thinking of just using a computer fan with a transformer, but I will have to make a bracket for it and I'm not a fan of having that many electrical items in the "wet" part of the fridge.
Tom

I thought my fan was bad also. I could barely turn it by hand. When I started checking prices for a replacement I gave it a few more spins with my finger and it loosened up. It now works fine.

My fan was also almost locked up, took apart and oiled the sleeve bearings was all it needed. It is actually hard to burn up one of these fans. Large 3 half barrel model - will get cold in 20 minutes.

My fan was also almost locked up, took apart and oiled the sleeve bearings was all it needed. It is actually hard to burn up one of these fans. Large 3 half barrel model - will get cold in 20 minutes.

Unfortunately, the fan is completely missing on this unit. I got the fridge on Craigslist for free from a guy who tried to pix it. When I got it, it was pretty much in pieces. I assume he just forgot to include it and probably had it sitting in his basement somewhere. Bad part is, I got the unit last summer and have long lost his e-mail address.
Tom

Looks like it is cheaper to buy the motor, blade, and bracket separately. Total cost with the quick check I made was around $60.00 vs the $140 for the assembly.

Fan motor # 501-137b
Fan blade # 405-043a
Bracket # 04a42-015b-03

Are these the same numbers you have?

You can find a replacement fan and motor on eBay for 50 bucks

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Home Brew mobile app

I wish the OP's would follow up on the threads they start, and finalize them, but so many of these end the same way. No idea if this got fixed or how.

Back