Anyone go from all grain to extract, and how was it?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you for sharing your brewing process and recipe. You obviously have covered the gamut of traditional and newer techniques. I’m a 5 gallon, traditional 60 minute mash & boil all-grain brewer. So developing a hop schedule and techniques for no boil is my area of concern. I’m moving to small 2-3 gallon batches and a shorter brew day. I started with extract 18 years ago and plan on doing it again. Your comment of how adding 20% grain improved your beer peaked my interest. I of course followed the extract to partial mash to all-grain brewing path. Have never done no boil, no chill but will give it a try.

Very cool! Essentially with the hops you're doing a cooler hopstand while doing the mini mash, so fewer IBUs than the same 20 minutes at like 200 degrees. So you need to hop it more than you would at a higher temp to get the bitterness you're looking for. Good luck!

I just switched back to extract after a long run at all grain. Way too deep in a AG rabbit hole so had to bring it back to basics. Love extract ,PM, and AG but wanted a shorter brew day

Back