Anyone ever done this?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pascott6

Reaction score
Here is the story. I bought a 20 min boil kit from Midwest. Followed the instructions & after primary i bottled it with 5oz priming sugar. I left it for 3 months & when i tryed it there was so much carbination i couldn;t even drink it. It was like champagne. Well i figured i would empty every bottle into a bucket & let it go flat then keg it & see what happens. Well today i opened the bucket & tasted it & WOW it was good. I racked it into a keg & it is now getting cold. I will start to carb it tomorrow. I've had alot of people tell me that this would not work but so far so good.

it works fine, i've done something similar before. theres a fairly big risk of oxidation which is why it isn't recommended. congrats on saving the batch

The CO2 released when you emptied the bottles into the bucket would blanket the beer and prevent oxidation. Not infection though.

Latest posts

Back