Anyone else done a commemorative mead?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheNerdyBee

Reaction score
I'm getting ready to rack a mead that I brewed to commemorate the season premier of Game of Thrones this summer and I feel like a proper dork.

It's a tart cherry capsicumel that I'm calling Fire and Blood (the words of House Targaryn). Recipe here if anyone is interested: http://thenerdybee.com/home/2017/2/26/tart-cherry-capsicumel

It got me wondering, has anyone else brewed a mead to commemorate a special event or pop-culture reference? How did it turn out?

Somewhere on here is a thread on skyrim mead recipes, if you look for it. It's got over 50 pages I think.

Commemorative meads are all the rage on here.

I recently bottled 3 gallons of Wedding Melomel. I drove from FL to NC for my cousins wedding back in October. Bought 3lbs of local honey from each state I drove through. Fermented it and did a secondary on strawberries and starfruit. When I go back this October for my other cousins wedding ill be doing it again.

There is an entire thread somewhere on here about Game of Thrones mead. Make sure you chime in on that one, it was a fun read.

Somewhere on here is a thread on skyrim mead recipes, if you look for it. It's got over 50 pages I think.

I have 3 gallons of Blackbriar mead and 3 gallons of Honningbrew mead in primary as we speak. Later once Ive got a fermenter free im going to make a batch of Blackbriar reserve.

Just remember a good mead needs a good label to go with it.

Back