Anyone bag a deer this year?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure if Ill make Gun season this year. I plan to be out during Muzzleloader and late bow though. Got me a few bucks the past few years that's racks didnt match their size since they were monsters! I dont care for the rack though.... Im all about the meat

I am all about the meat as well.
All this mumbo-jumbo about farm-raised, free range, organic.....

Venison is the original natural meat and I can fill my freezer with over 100# in a good season for around $30 for a license (and the price of my time which can be debated but my wife says that the sanity that I gain from sitting alone in the woods is priceless)

Funny thing is that regular success in the woods (I got 3 last year) allows me to forego the "meat" reasoning and become a "horn hunter"

:D

First year hunting here... nothing yet, but a few more weeks to go. NC gamelands are not desirable

Someone got one right in front of our house yesterday about 5 PM with their GMC truck. We weren't home, so how do I know it was a GMC? I found the center part of the grille down the road about 50 feet. Along with assorted other pieces, both truck and deer.

wife got her deer hunting the reserviour. I got mine on a day trip up to the local ski resort. I hunt for meat, and tend to shoot the first thing i see. But this year, i ended up shooting the first thing i saw, and the biggest deer i ever shot. i have been watching him for a few years:D Scored a 122 for typical mule deer

WP_20151010_08_23_10_Pro.jpg

WP_20151014_10_15_58_Pro.jpg

DSCN0147.jpg

wife got her deer hunting the reserviour. I got mine on a day trip up to the local ski resort. I hunt for meat, and tend to shoot the first thing i see. But this year, i ended up shooting the first thing i saw, and the biggest deer i ever shot. i have been watching him for a few years:D Scored a 122 for typical mule deer

That's a damn nice buck for that unit...if I am thinking the ski resort you are talking about. Same unit as the reservoir buck?

That's a damn nice buck for that unit...if I am thinking the ski resort you are talking about. Same unit as the reservoir buck?

nice one was in 39, so pretty easy to guess :) There are still a few hidey holes the masses dont know about. Other was in 43, but the res. is split down the middle by 43 and 39. Good place to get away from the masses if ya got a boat

nice one was in 39, so pretty easy to guess :) There are still a few hidey holes the masses dont know about. Other was in 43, but the res. is split down the middle by 43 and 39. Good place to get away from the masses if ya got a boat

Yeah there are a few, that's for sure! I usually stay away from 39 unless it's the late archery hunt. I've hunted 43 and 44 a few times...really nice country. This year my dad and I drew a late rifle elk hunt in 41. Leaving next Friday!

that is an odd one. its the rare and elusive white tailed mule deer lol

At only 106#, I was worried that a whitetail from Pennsylvania had hitchhiked up to the 'Dacks

Rough year up north for us.
Very few deer seen and even less harvested.
2 very difficult past winters and the past spring held on late.

Latest posts

Back