Anybody using Reliance Aquatainers for fermentation?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elkshadow

Reaction score
I just got back home from a 3 week camping trip to Death Valley and other spots and I noticed that my 7 gallon Aquatainer is HDPE. Then I got to thinking of course. These should be perfect for fermenting.

Pros
food grade plastic
2 openings, 1 large 1 small
square if you're tight on space
handle on top where the openings are
$15 (compared to BBs for $30+) or less at the big blue or wherever...

The only con I can think of is they would be hard to clean and hard to see if they were clean on the inside.

Anybody out there using them?

aquatainer

So if I get 100 views and not a single reply, do I win the Most Uninteresting Thread Ever Award?

I'm at 70 already so here we go!!!!!!!

:D:rockin:

I don't see any reason they wouldn't work. Technically anything that can safely hold liquid can be used as a fermenter. I like PET carboys personally because they are safer than glass, less permeable than buckets, and because they're transparent I can see when they're clean and can easily guide my racking cane to exactly where I want it. Also I rack using orange carboy caps, which wouldn't work on a bucket or one of these jerry can type water containers.

The last 3 PET carboys I bought a few weeks ago were $16 each.

Latest posts

Back