Anybody brewing in the Los Angeles Area?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bratrules

Reaction score
Well am just getting start in this wonderful and kick ass hobby and i was wondering if there was more people brewing near my area? I live in the city of South Gate near Downtown L.A. I thought i would just be cool just to shoot the sh*t with some fellow brewers in my area since i seem to be boring the wife with all my brew talk :mug:

Wow i guess no one brews over here in the L.A. Area.!!! Am all alone over here well that's why we have these forums.

hello bratrules. I'm from Atwater Village which is next to Glendale. Good to hear from a new LA brewer. Are you doing extract or AG?

hey atwaterville as of right now i have made two extract batch and am getting ready to make my first all grain. just made a mash tun and a cant wait to use it. and thanks for the link rockfish42. atwaterville what kind of brew are you doing??

I do 5 gal. AG using batch sparge method. I'm looking to upgrade to a 10 gal. HERMS system in the near future when money is available.

Maltose is the grand daddy of homebrewer club. There's also Pacific Gravity in Culver City but I've heard that they're more so of a beer appreciation club than a brewer club. You can also check out eastsidebrew.com which just started recently.

Am going to give batch sparging try i also want to rig up some kind of fly sparging thing. see what works out better for me. am stick to five gallon batches for now since its just me and the wife. and she's not much of a beer drinker..BTW i know burbank very well i have a lot of family up there.

Actually i have a 3 gallon batch of hard cider bottled and am letting age for a few months. and a 5 gallon peach wheat bottled which should be ready to drink in a few more days!! so well see if she likes any of those.

Quick question where does everyone here get there supplies? i just want to see what brew shops are around. I go to south-bay brewing supply in Torrance!! kick ass joint.

That depends. If I'm in a rush then I goto Culver City which is slightly closer than Woodland Hills. For bulk base grain I head to More Beers in Riverside; their price makes up the drive and the gas cost. For hops I tend to buy in bulk from hopsdirect.com.

It's a metro area of 15 million people, but I doubt anyone brews there.

Right now half of them are waiting in line for Pliney somewhere.

Back