Any one gallon mead recipes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Srearigh123

Reaction score
Hello All

I'm new to all this mead making and right now have a week old Celtic druid's honey mead.

But I have noticed that most of the recipes are for 5-6 gallons at a time.

I was just wondering if anyone could provide some good one gallon recipes I could try?

Hello All

I'm new to all this mead making and right now have a week old Celtic druid's honey mead.

But I have noticed that most of the recipes are for 5-6 gallons at a time.

I was just wondering if anyone could provide some good one gallon recipes I could try?

For a 1 gallon batch, just divide the ingredients for a 5 gallon batch by 1/5, for a 2 gallon batch recipe, divide by half.

I was thinking as much but didn't know if everything would equate out like that since with the yeast a packet can be good for 1-5 gallons

True true

Sorry for not thinking this one the whole way through just wanted to also see what everyone else was brewing in small batches to get ideas for the next one

Simply divide all the ingredients - except the yeast - by 5 (or 6) I don't think that you can over -pitch a package of wine yeast. It's good for 1-5 or 6 gallons - so it is good for 1 gallon too and at a dollar or so for a pack of yeast, it strikes me that the risk of contaminating the yeast with bacteria and moisture by far outweighs the price of opening a new pack for each new batch of mead...

Latest posts

Back