Any Good Hop combos for dry hopping?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Have a pale ale fermenting now and want to dry hop in my secondary. Just wanting to know any suggestions on what hops would make a good combo. The hops i used during the boil were summit(bittering) perle (Flavoring) Cascade(Aroma). I know i should use cascade but want to use variety of hops.

I think Perle and Cascade is the combo SN pale ale uses for the late additions. If you're a fan of that beer, maybe just stick with the cascade. Centennial might be good to keep things in the same ballpark, but bring some extra complexity.

I am also partial to the Cascade/Simcoe/Chinook blend as well (e.g., Yooper's Lakefront IPA clone recipe). Actually, Cascade and any of the "C" hops make a great dry hop combo.

Cascade, Simcoe, and Amarillo all play well together in any arrangement. Centennial's are also nice to dry hop with. I personally use Cascade/Simcoe on both my IPA and Pale Ale.

What sort of ratio of each for say cascade amarillo/simcoe would people recommend? Looking to dry hop my next pale ale. 1 part to 2 parts etc.

Back