Any early morning brewers out there today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

strat_thru_marshall

Reaction score
Working in retail, this time of the year means 6 days a week work for me minimum. Plus it's NFL season. That means that I have to find time outside my normal Monday afternoon off to brew. So I got up this morning at 6:30 to get a start on my first batch, and should have my second batch in the fermenters in plenty of time for kickoff at 3pm.

Any other early morning brewers out there?

I am awake already, but it is only because I am in Iraq right now... Otherwise I would not be up. There will be no brewing here sadly, I got another 8 months before I will be brewing. I luckily tough the Fiance to brew, so she is brewing in the states, getting good while I am gone.

I am awake already, but it is only because I am in Iraq right now... Otherwise I would not be up. There will be no brewing here sadly, I got another 8 months before I will be brewing. I luckily tough the Fiance to brew, so she is brewing in the states, getting good while I am gone.

What base you at and what branch are you in? I spent 13 Months stationed at LSA Anaconda in Balad from 2003-2005. I was a Gun Truck Bunny that was on the road every day.

I am on a COB in Al Husayniyah for most of the time, however I am at FOB Kalzu right now performing QRF for a week. I am a tanker in the Army, our tanks sit around here at the FOB however. We roll our MRAP's outside the wire for mission/QRF.

I am on a COB in Al Husayniyah for most of the time, however I am at FOB Kalzu right now performing QRF for a week. I am a tanker in the Army, our tanks sit around here at the FOB however. We roll our MRAP's outside the wire for mission/QRF.

I got stuck under a Bridge on MSR Tampa with a Bradley about 10 feet from my Gun Truck. The Bradley was also engaging the enemy. My hearing has never been the same since. :drunk:

Good luck Brother and come home safe!!!

Be careful over there, come home safe and thank you for your service.

2nd that, for sure.

strat thru, what are you brewing today?

I normally get up really early to start brewing, but all of my fermentors are full until next weekend, and SWMBO would really start to protest if any more floorspace was taken up by carboys and buckets anyway.

2nd that, for sure.

strat thru, what are you brewing today?

I normally get up really early to start brewing, but all of my fermentors are full until next weekend, and SWMBO would really start to protest if any more floorspace was taken up by carboys and buckets anyway.

I am brewing an american IPA first, and a milk stout with some buddies after that. The IPA is for some upcoming competitions (and personal consumption) and the milk stout is what my buddy wanted to brew for his first all-grain batch.

I gotta keep the pipeline full, nothing worse than empty kegs sitting in the garage!!!!!

Heck yeah, Chimay Blue inspired recipe going on today.
My first high gravity brew session!!

Its not really early, but before noon counts right? Planning on making a stout for my dad's Christmas present which should be fun.:tank:

I did a "Wisconsin" pale ale a few weeks ago, started at 5am after work on a Friday morning. Was all cleaned up by noon and in bed by 1pm!

I'd like to do a brew and start at midnight...

On my birthday in January I plan on doing two brews, starting in the early hours!

fak, that mash didn't go that well...

dough in i was at 158, added some ice, now at 151...and now i'm out of tun space so I can't add any boiling water. oh well.

Back