Any Crankandstein mills users?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom R

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I've worn out the bushings on my Glatt mill. I really like the fluted and geared rollers, but it appears that they are no longer in production, and the bushings are proprietary. I got about 25 years out it, so I'm not complaining.

I'm looking at the detented adjusters on the Crankandstein 3-roller mill, that looks really handy for easily repeated 5 mil steps. And the grain-engaged gearing seems clever.
https://www.crankandstein.net/index..._id=13&zenid=e903c58fbab87cace1590b8cfb14d05b
Anybody here purchased one lately? How do you like it?

Last edited:
I thought they went out of business. First time I’ve seen this. They are one of the original builders of Homebrew mills. I almost bought one years ago. I’m not much of a fan of their hopper. There are so many good choices out there today.

I've been using one of their 2 roller mills for close to 10 years and am happy with it. That said, when it finally goes, I will probably look elsewhere for a replacement. As was previously stated, there are a lot of great options these days...

Back