Any coin collectors here?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pat: If you got stationed in Germany the American establishments on post don't use pennies except at the PO.

We used to round up our gas purchases by .02, if you went to .03 they rounded up so you automatically go to .05 or .07 and they rounded down.:D

I think they should push the dollar coin and scrap the dollar bill. When I was in Australia the smallest bill they had was a 5. I think it works great.

I agree with the penny. It has devalued to the point that it is a PITA to deal with. If we ever do get rid of it all retailers will round up to the next 5 cents.

The only problem I see with getting rid of the penny and the $1 bill are these. You get rid of the penny then pricing of items is determained by what the price will be after tax(has to be to the .05. with the dollar, all the strippers will ***** because you ever try to stuff a coin in a g string?:D

2nd Street Brewery said:
The only problem I see with getting rid of the penny and the $1 bill are these. You get rid of the penny then pricing of items is determained by what the price will be after tax(has to be to the .05. with the dollar, all the strippers will ***** because you ever try to stuff a coin in a g string?:D
Well I've changed my mind then. I never thought about sales tax and we certainly don't want to piss off the strippers. Although I'm sure they would adapt somehow. Maybe a coin pouch in the front of their G-string?

homebrewer_99 said:
Actually, Congress passed a law recently that makes it illegal to melt down pennies because right now they are worth more as copper ingots than they are as a penny.

Same thing with nickel as well, I believe.

As for the pennies, for the tax, they could just round there as well. and the strip clubs could use fake bills that you exchange when you get there, just like an arcade exchanging tokens, only you get paper bills. The strippers then cash them in with the club before they go home that night.

desiderata said:
Same thing with nickel as well, I believe.

As for the pennies, for the tax, they could just round there as well. and the strip clubs could use fake bills that you exchange when you get there, just like an arcade exchanging tokens, only you get paper bills. The strippers then cash them in with the club before they go home that night.
Of course, you would know that...is that at the Silver Dollar?

homebrewer_99 said:
Of course, you would know that...is that at the Silver Dollar?

LOL :cross:
That's one of the one's around here. Sadly, I've never been. Only because I'm married though.

Back