Any Canadians??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, this is an old thread, but you might as well add me to the list. I'm from vancouver but live in Yellowknife right now.

It's really hard to get supplies up here, but I just got into this hobby and I'm loving it. I went down to vancouver for a wedding and brought a 34 lb jug of extract back with me (it took up a whole suitcase) along with other ingredients from Dan's.

I lived in Halifax for quite a while, and while living in Fredericton, NB I had a Cape Bretoner as a roomie. I'm a Newfie myself, transplanted to Indiana a few years back.

I lived in Fredericton for a couple years myself....i'm a caper, still living in NB though..what part of nfld ya from? :rockin:

Born in Edmonston, New Brunswick Raised across the border in Frenchville Maine. Nice people good place to raise a family. No woke to speak of so I moved to Eastman, Georgia. Still love to vacation up there.

How many of you speak French?

It might be obvious but I'm from Halifax.
I found this very old thread by searching for the word "canada".

I was specifically looking for shops in Canada that might carry some of the stuff my local guys don't carry or never heard of.

It's kinda funny how this thread hung up in Nov. of 05 and then this year started back up.

St. John's, Newfoundland, born and raised. Mom's from Rosemere, Quebec though, so not through and through Newfie.

Born in Edmonston, New Brunswick Raised across the border in Frenchville Maine. Nice people good place to raise a family. No woke to speak of so I moved to Eastman, Georgia. Still love to vacation up there.

How many of you speak French?

Parents are from Grande Sault (Grand Falls) NB...Also have family in Caribou Maine.

I`m French

Born on the west coast of the island - Corner Brook. :mug:

Wow, small world, I'm from Burgeo, Nfld. I went to college in Corner Brook for a couple of years, then I ended up transplanting to the US like you - Minnesota for me though.

HA HA no, but we made fun of them....:D. I did 2 years of generals there.

Thought I'd throw my 2 cents in too.

I'm from Regina, SK.

Just thought I'd mention to all you Canadian Homebrewers as well that the Canadian Qualifier for the NHC is held in Regina the week of April 13-18th. Entries have to be submitted by April 8th. Check out our homebrew club's website for entry information (www.alesclub.com)

Tho' I'm now in NYC, I lived in Toronto for 10 years and that's where my wife is from. Canada has the best women in the world!

Now, how about someone posting an AG recipe for Creemore!

Howdy from Vangroovy.

Dan's is the place for HB supplies in Vancouver - Lots o' malt, a great selection of fresh hops and Wyeast a plenty.

Worth a trip next time you're down.

Yeah, Dan's is great. Just wish mail ordering from him wasn't such a hassle.

Is it me or does Dan always look like he just ate a sour appple?

Any Canadians on this forum?

I mean, this IS a beer forum, there MUST be some fellow Canadians. We do, after all, consider beer drinking to be a professional sport. After all, you can't watch hockey in your igloo without beer...EH? ;P

Anyone know about shipping beer from Canada to the US??
I want to enter a beer in a US competition eventually, once it has aged (and if I hide it so I keep my hands off it. haha).

Hi from Quebec Canada !

Shipping beer by mail is forbidden in Canada. Shipping yeast sample it’s ok ;-) or collectable item :)

I've shipped beer domestically a couple times now and wasn't even asked what was in the box. If they did I was just going to say 'yeast samples in medium' which I believe I heard on here somewhere. :D

I looked into this personally, and yes, it is prohibited to ship beer by Canada Post. Provincial liquor laws in most (all?) provinces also prohibit the unregulated shipping of alcoholic beverages across provincial borders.

But I always ship 'yeast samples'. This even works across the US border (although one needs FDA approval to do it 100% legally). Don't ask me how I know. :mad:

Any Canadians on this forum?

I mean, this IS a beer forum, there MUST be some fellow Canadians. We do, after all, consider beer drinking to be a professional sport. After all, you can't watch hockey in your igloo without beer...EH? ;P

Anyone know about shipping beer from Canada to the US??
I want to enter a beer in a US competition eventually, once it has aged (and if I hide it so I keep my hands off it. haha).

I am from Buffalo; that's pretty much Canada right?

Stuck right in the middle of all of you. Winnipegger here, home of the government controlled liquor board and one microbrew. Get pretty jelous listening to you guys talk of all the selection you have, esp. you Americans. This winter I did a trip to Minneapolis and picked up 60 different micros from one store, and that was less than 1/5 of their selection.

Vancouver...and canuck fan! Sorry to hear about the whole winnipeg thing, yikes.

Back