another wort chiller hose solution

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shorty

Reaction score
I have a stainless steel wort chiller that works great but it came with cheap 3/8 inch ID vinyl tubing and a cheap clamp set up. The tubing got all kinky and looked like it would be prone to breaking and leaking (as stated in other posts).

In the basement I had an unused, thick walled washing machine connecting hose with two female hose ends on it. When I cut it in half, low and behold the ID of the washing machine hose was 3/8 inch, the same as the outside diameter of the stainless tubing, so I removed the old tubing, got 2 hose clamps and clamped on the two pieces of washing machine hose. To save my hands from getting cut up by the excess loose ends of the metal hose clamps, I used electricians tape to hold them down and cover up the loose metal. Now I have hoses that are connected to the wort chiller that are heavy duty and won't make me nervous anymore.

Latest posts

Back