another IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeFlynn74

Reaction score
10 lb American Two-row Pale
1lb Flaked Corn (Maize)
8oz American Crystal 60L

60 mins 1.0 Summit pellet
10 mins 0.5 Amarillo pellet
1 mins 0.5 Amarillo pellet
1 mins 0.5 Simcoe pellet

Winsor ale yeast.

Talk to me. Let me have it.

flaked corn in an IPA? interesting...I haven't seen many IPA recipes with corn, but I'm sorta new still this whole brewing thing.

I think you need some more sugars to get this baby up to IPA range for OG. maybe a lb or so of corn sugar?

flaked corn in an IPA? interesting...I haven't seen many IPA recipes with corn, but I'm sorta new still this whole brewing thing.

I think you need some more sugars to get this baby up to IPA range for OG. maybe a lb or so of corn sugar?

I figured the winsor would keep it malty while the corn would mash nicely and give it a good few extra points.

Depends on his efficiency and what he's going for. For me that would put me around 1.065 for 5gal batch.

Corn seems odd, but I can't speak from experience so I'll let others comment.

More hops! You don't necessarily need more bittering hops, but I would. But I would bump up the late additions and dry hop. Without going to crazy, I think you could do an ounce at each of your late hop additions. And then play it by ear (nose, really), for dry-hopping. My guess is you will want to dry hop. Simcoe + Amarillo = good.

Latest posts

Back