Another I Love Lucy fridge conversion

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers

ForumRunner_20131206_233139.png

That project is sweet! I've got the same fridge, still in progress. I applaud your vision! Exceptional job!

Post it as you make progress!! Would like to see yours come along.

Its a fun project and if you want somthing different, these old fridges are easy to work on, smaller and just look cool... the price isn't cheap but Its still less or equal to a BM23 and I don't see why it shouldn't last you another 60 + years. They really don't build stuff like this anymore....anyways.

Good luck on your project!

Cheers

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/new-diy-kegerator-421663/

This is the link for the thread I started on my fridge. It now has 3 taps, I really like how you have the inner panel of your door cupped out to allow freezer clearance. It's kinda on hold until warmer weather, I'm not lugging that tank to work! So this spring when the weather warms up again I'll get back to it. I can't very well paint in my unheated garage.

I used some peg board directly behind the taps on the door for some extra support then screwed them on. about 2"foam rubber insulation after the first bolt. Then the stainless cover with thin rubber washers and 3 bolts 7/8 x14 its a good padded fit and even more support for the taps. Also, if needed you can very easily get to them.

PS. I like your paint job...an no You can't rush the paint!!

Lookin good

Cheers!!!

Would like to add this link, Pretty sure its where I found it. Nice write up.
http://m.instructables.com/id/Step-1-Locate-a-vintage-fridge-that-still-gets-col/

I used only a 7/8 hole for a better fit and double check placement before tightening down the shanks. It will leave that ring mark on paint.

Cheers

Started work on my custom drip tray...
I picked up a Harley Davidson footboard cover then some semi flexible flat bar at home depot and a piece of sheet metal.
I cut off the screw posts on the board so it looks clean. Then formed the bar so the board fits

ForumRunner_20140114_181438.jpg

ForumRunner_20140114_181509.jpg

snug. Then cut and glue the sheet to the bottom. As far as I've got.. more tomorrow.
Cheers

Lucy's drip tray is painted and trimmed...
Working on the 2 L brackets with magnets.

I gotta say... this is one cool ass drip tray

I had been trying to obtain a half moon style chrome floorboard for some time to no avail. Settled on this one and its actually even better. More work but more functional and capable of holding a large spill.

ForumRunner_20140114_222205.jpg

I had asked the question early on if a drip tray is needed...
Answer is yes in case anyone else ever wonders the same.

"Lucy" is almost done...
Final pic all done soon to follow

Cheers!!

That drip tray is sexy! Do you have a source or part # you could share for the footboard cover? I did some looking, but didn't find anything that perfect. Really great job on the build!

Back