Another glass carboy casualty

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My glass story is not nearly that interesting!

Went to this store that sells beers and lets you drink them outside on the lawn. I got myself and SWMBO some pint glasses and relaxed and drank. I went to put our glasses up, and I stacked them together. Somehow, from the way that I had stacked them, when I set them down the top glass smashed the bottom one and cut a deep cut into my pinky.I didn't realize how bad until I felt some blood splashing down onto my foot.

SWMBO still wanted ice cream though, so I left a bit of a blood trail into the store. Still sorry about that one, and I wish I had known about super glue then. Cheap napkins don't do much to stop bleeding!

Thanks everyone for the support, the cuts will heal.
No beer abuse, just water in the carboy.

Yeah those cuts that look worse than they are... you know the ones... the bleeders. Super glue is awesome for those.

My best story along that vein (pun intended) is back in my late teen years I worked as a stockboy in a grocery store. Come in at 2-3 in the AM and work until noon or so.

Anyway, came in off of like zero sleep and a couple brews to unload my frozen food truck. Slam out the pallets and start stocking. Back then there were no safety blades just what was pretty much a razor held in a folded piece of metal. I opened it to cut a box and, with thumb on the back, ran it over a box to open it... didn't open. Hrm, blade must be dull... could've sworn I changed it out when I came in. Put some more force on it and run it down again... no luck.

Look down at the blade and I was holding it backwards. The brand new razor (I had changed it) was now firmly embedded in the bone of my thumb. Amazingly there was little blood until I went back to the bathroom and pried it loose. It looked like something out of a slasher flick in there by the time I had it closed up, lol.

Super glue worked wonders.

This one made me laugh. When I was younger, I worked in a warehouse. Was climbing some pallets(imagine between two straight up & down surfaces with about 1.5' - 2' in between) in the back room (was probably about 20-25 feet up), looking for some product. Found the product, I had to cut shrink wrap to get to it. Slipped while cutting shrink wrap, managed to stab & slice myself in the right wrist. Bled like a stuck pig, super glue worked great.

Back