Another floater!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

david_42

Reaction score
The IPA just blew out! Nothing is really ready, but rather than whine, I'll drink them before their time. Bet the Palmer Porter is nearly gone as well. Didn't brew enough is August, so now I suffer the indignity of buying my ale.

Just in time for the winter warmers! Seems I saw some Jubilale and Ebeneser in TJ's. But, wait, what is this? Four bottles of Snow Plow Milk Stout, must be left over from last year. Still good, though.

Dude, you just ran through the brewing equivalent of the Sears Wishbook ! It really is time for dark stouts to get us through the short days and long nights. A little Black Patent, some dark DME. Fuggle hops, or Kent Golding? Yessir, Winter is coming.

Walker said:
I'm (im)patiently waiting until december to crack open my stout.

Must...

Hold....

On....

-walker

I bottled a stout Monday night and I'm cracking one open for Monday night football in a week and a half! I imagine the bulk will meet it's fate around Thanksgiving.

I'm trying to hold out for my 31st birthday (12/01). I am the only one in my house the REALLY likes dark beers, and the non-brewing women I live with ransacked the first couple of batches, so I took extreme measures and brewed a triple B (big, black, and bitter) stout that should (hopefully) be mine and mine alone. A birthday present to myself, if you will.

I also bottled it completely in 12oz bottles, because my sis-in-law has thrice repeated her crime of opening and pouring a 0.5L bottle of my beer, but only drinking 4 to 8 oz of it and leaving the rest in a glass on the counter for me to find in the morning. I'm hoping that the 12oz'ers will minimize the carnage I find when I wake up.

-walker

I plan on taking out my aggressions on the 1 case I have left of my first batch (IPA) and the Irish Red in my primary right now when that is complete. I am doing my stout this weekend, and I want to stay away from that for a while. Unlike walker, though, I won't be cracking anything new on my Geburtstag, which is also in Dec....As long as my red turns out good, though, I will live :)

Back