Another cool box project

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matteo57

Reaction score
Building a cool box for cellering beer and keeping my sour beer solera project at a decent temp during the summer months in my area (Southern Cali).
I had a workbench in my garage that was pretty much a storage unit under neath anyways, so I'm "re-arranging" it.
Almost done with it. Should be able to turn it on tonight or tomorrow to see how it goes with cooling! Just finishing sealing it all up.
Also, I plan on putting a SS top on it and finishing the sides and doors with a auto non-stick black gritty paint. Should be cool!
let me know any thoughts!

0612142036.jpg

0612142140.jpg

0616141942.jpg

0616142110.jpg

0625141938.jpg

0625141938a.jpg

0713141913.jpg

0713142100.jpg

0715141602.jpg

0723140811a.jpg

Looks great! Whatcha got in the bourbon barrel?

Thanks!
It's an old wine barrel actually. It's a sour I started back in February. Tasting pretty good already. Going to be an ongoing solera project hopefully!

Finally finished with this one completely.
Had a few issues with getting the AC unit to cool to what I wanted but I finally got it to bypass the stupid auto shut off for the most part and have gotten it down to around 58 which is fine with me. Works good for the one side to keep cellering beers cool and the barrel side is 70F so that works great for the sour beer going on in there.
Stoked on it!

1003142141_resized.jpg

1004142114_resized.jpg

1006142008_resized.jpg

the barrel side just gets cooled by what's left over? looks like a floor vent in between the rooms. other wise no temp control for the barrel side? not like a bit of a swing matters much. What controls the a/c?

Nice build!

the barrel side just gets cooled by what's left over? looks like a floor vent in between the rooms. other wise no temp control for the barrel side? not like a bit of a swing matters much. What controls the a/c?

Nice build!

I have a thermometer in the barrel side since I've started and the side stays pretty stagnant at around 72ish so I haven't really worried much about putting a temp controller on that. I always figured that if I needed to cool that side down more I could put a small pc fan by the vent and blow more cool air in, I just haven't needed it.
There is a temp controller that controls when the AC unit shuts on and off.
Thanks!
:mug:

Latest posts

Back