Annoy-a-tron

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Homercidal

Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Bought a triple pack from Think Geek. Came yesterday. Last night I hid the Evil-Tron under my wife's night stand. Had it set to meow like a cat. Left it there for a bit but she went to sleep before she had a chance to get mad at the cat for wanting in or out all the time (our actual cats will do this a lot of the time.)

So I moved it to a cup on her desk. This morning she got up before me and said the cat wasn't feeling well. I played along and checked out both cats and gave them treats and they seemed fine! ;)

We will see how long this little noisemaker can keep her strung along...

They don't call it an Evil-tron for nothing!! :D

Are you sure she won't just kill the cat? :)
Seriously, I've never heard of this. So when I started reading your thread, I assumed your triple pack was beer. Then I wondered what style you would put under the bed. Is it cat beer?
It's 9am, I am sober.

I have had a set for years. Every new employee in my building gets one placed in their office on Halloween.

Hope they're cheap. If it was me, it would be taken care of with a mallet. Ever see the youtubes by the hydraulic press guys? Yeah.

A guy in my shop (on a deployed USN ship) got one that would beep every so often, he hid it in the overhead cabling. Well, I found it, and let's just say it didn't work any more, and there's no way he could have even found all the pieces.

Evil! Will not do it for the repercussions. Was in school with a girl that could chirp like a cricket. Come exam time, even with the principle and 3 other teachers right in front of her she would write her paper, chirp, look up surprised at the teachers.... They never caught her, even when all the guys had a spanking.

I hear a great way to use these is to get three of the beeping ones and then stash them all around a particular room or office suite. Because they are in different locations, the patsies can never track down the source. They're magnetic, so you can stick them to the framing for a drop ceiling or on top of a sheet metal duct or something.

Well, the jig is up. Was sitting at my desk yesterday and I heard her yell, "I FOUND IT!" She had a good laugh. I had reset the noise to the one that sounds like kids giggling. Earlier she complained to my younger daughter that she had infected her computer with a virus while playing games on it. I played along and asked her to make sure she didn't have any hidden browser windows open, etc.

So, anyway, while my daughter was in the shower, my wife convinced me to put the Eviltron in my daughter's room. She wanted the cat noise again, because sometimes a cat will hide under her bed. I forgot that my older daughter had told my younger about the cat noise from when I pranked my wife. Therefore the prank did not go as well as planned. :( Just after bedtime my daughter came into our room and demanded I remove the noisemaker.

All in all, a little less exciting than I expected, but still fun. I WAS going to set it on the scary noises, but my wife veto'ed that idea. It was a school night.

Brought the Ringtone Annoyatron to work. Just have to decide where to put it without getting in trouble...

Brought in the ringtone annoyatron to work. Got permission to prank the FNG with it. I have it set to vibrate sound right now, and hid it behind the printer. It will probably take a little while before he starts to get worked up about it. I wish I knew what ringtone he had on his own phone. And I wish I had a way to play that sound randomly. Someone needs to make this device.

I was a line cook at a fancy ski lodge restaurant many moons ago, and my sous chef and I loved to put a remote-control farter on the side of the line where the waitstaff would pick up their order. It was pants-pissing fun to embarrass the really hot girls. Good times:ban:

Well, the ring noise has been active a couple of days. The guys say it's still going off, but he's not saying anything. The thing is on the back of his monitor! How can this not be driving him nuts?? I actually heard it go off while I was in there asking the others about it.

Oh well. We got a new new guy and I have more of these things...

Back