Angry wife

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I gave my wife full control of all gardens outdoors, in exchange for my full control of the basement. I've set aside 30% for "recreation and exercise," but the rest is "The Brewery."

That's funny because I did the same thing. My wife is a big gardener. I gave her all the outside. I get the basement for my woodshop and my brew area.

Unfortunately I still have to mow the lawn, though we have no grass in the backyard thanks to her.

Or you could do something like this....I built mine her own "brew room" where she can create all manner of her own mold spores she wants too. She pretty much leaves me alone to mess up the house on brew days now and or ignores the occasional misplaced fermentation bucket.
IMG_1537_zpselnw4vob.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

"I can use the living room or the garage, up to you!"

So now I have a 2 "car" garage filled with brew gear. The cars get parked outside where cars should be. The beer is parked inside where beer should be. Works out well.

I find that when my wife gets to bitching and moaning, if I put my head between her legs, the bitching seems to stop and the moaning gets a little loader. I work hard to make sure things cum to a very happy ending. It seems to last for a while before I need to do it again.

Just a suggestion....

Good strategy. Does it work the other way round? :D

I gave my wife full control of all gardens outdoors, in exchange for my full control of the basement. I've set aside 30% for "recreation and exercise," but the rest is "The Brewery."

Separate brew space is good. My GF is a great cook and would not like me interfering with her kitchen. She loves the results though. So, I have a separate brew kitchen back home in Guatemala. Conveniently its an addition to the bodega/workshop in a separate building about 100 yards from the main house...so I can putter around down there in peace.

In the process of relocating to Panama and the first structure going up is the bodega/brew house. The guys just poured the footings today...yeehaa!

Stop trying to live in the beering room

Pfffft... I sleep surrounded by my ciders and meads and such...

MINE!!!! ALL MINE!!!!!

:p

(and thankfully, with my tolerance to colder temps, I have never suffered a single case of the so called rhino farts)

EDIT: Also a gardener of sorts. This is a picture of the living room typically around February-ish... And that picture is basically the entirety of my living room. Those plants grow larger and larger until I hold a sale for a local community garden. Which the other pic (should this work out right) is an idea as to what comes OUT of my living room.

Thankfully no wife or SO to complain.

11113423_10206118281347096_8500670572151713925_n.jpg

1907567_10203086061303490_1893848473_n.jpg

I've only been brewing for 6 months and I have to hear it from the wife every brew day. I clean my bottles and store them on the kitchen counter and that drives her nuts. I wash my tubing etc outside and use the kitchen cabinet to let air dry. That drives her nuts. I do have a closet that is dedicated for my brew equipment and I do store my kettle and carboys in there when not in use. The bottles and other items eventually find there way to my office where my fermentation chamber is located.
To be honest, I do it because I know it drives her crazy. That's her punishment for not taking care of me on a regular basis. LOL. When she is good, my stuff goes in the office. Doesn't happen often.

Latest posts

Back