Am i the only one

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Um I am lucky I remember it is in the closest. I have to check my binder just to remind me when to check my gravity. You all have to much time on your hands.

say's the guy posting on a thread about sniffing airlocks

lol. I am at work and it is really really slow right now. So yes I have spare time. I guess I should drive home and lock myself in the closest with my beer :)

Thats pretty funny. I try not to mess with mine too much and just let it do its thing. I dont want to jinx anything.

My name is Levi, and I'm an air-lock sniffer.

Hi my name is Russ, and I too am an air-lock sniffer. I've been sniffing for about 6 years. I hit rock bottom when I stuck my head inside my fermi-freezer to sniff my open fermented hefe. The smell was over powering, or maybe it was the CO2. It was the most glorious punch in the face I've ever had. It was then end of my downward spiral.

Wait a minute, you have a retired rum barrell for fermenting? That's gotta be the crack-cocaine of ferm-huffing! You should probably check yourself into a clinic...

subwyking said:
Hi my name is Russ, and I too am an air-lock sniffer. I've been sniffing for about 6 years. I hit rock bottom when I stuck my head inside my fermi-freezer to sniff my open fermented hefe. The smell was over powering, or maybe it was the CO2. It was the most glorious punch in the face I've ever had. It was then end of my downward spiral.

Welcome to the club Russ

shelly_belly said:
I had an Irish Red Lager in my rum barrell in my keezer along side a carboy of Oktoberfest fermenting....That was the best smelling keezer 'huff' yet!

I can smell what your cooking!

leviticus said:
Wait a minute, you have a retired rum barrell for fermenting? That's gotta be the crack-cocaine of ferm-huffing! You should probably check yourself into a clinic...

No clinic here. Only proud air lock sniffers.

We all do it! My wife still gives me poop for it.

images

Yeah, I gotta sniff the airlock too. I am bummed right now, I have an awesome Butternut Brown just perking away and I have a wicked head cold. I can't smell a damn thing.

Colt45-N-2ZigZag said:
So true! I was telling my friend about how great it smells and he looked at me like i was crazy :mad:

some people just dont understand :drunk:

No my friends think I'm crazy!

You guys are goofy! Hiding in the closet? Closet sniffers, admit your addiction! That's half the battle! But get it right,like I did. My computer room is now also my make-shift man cave. It still needs finishing.
But now I can sit here talking to you guys,& sniff my two airlocks without getting up. Win win for me!
Then,someone opens the door,& the scent of our tea roses mingles with that. Talk about the sweet spicy sent of victory!...Just glad it's not the kind of beers that give those rotten dinosaur farts. And please market that tee shirt!!

unionrdr said:
You guys are goofy! Hiding in the closet? Closet sniffers, admit your addiction! That's half the battle! But get it right,like I did. My computer room is now also my make-shift man cave. It still needs finishing.
But now I can sit here talking to you guys,& sniff my two airlocks without getting up. Win win for me!
Then,someone opens the door,& the scent of our tea roses mingles with that. Talk about the sweet spicy sent of victory!...Just glad it's not the kind of beers that give those rotten dinosaur farts. And please market that tee shirt!!

And knowing how to is the other half!
Like I said I want that t-shirt also!
How do you stop dinosaur farts? My beers always cause me to "gas" up

I'm referring to lager fermenting,& some wheat beer yeasts. It's my turn for that in bed in the middle of the night after they're drinkable. Even the ghosts stay away at that point. Stereo dinosaur farts!
but I love the sweet smell of fermenting ales mixed with the spicy sent of tea roses. Not to forget,spicy hop aromas too.:ban:

Back