am I stuck??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oteixeira

Reaction score
I brewed a 5 gallon batch on the 20th, within 18 hours I had a full fermentation going, nice cake on top and all. By the 22nd it was completely dead in the airlock. It still has the cake on top even now. I have swirled the bucket, but no activity pick up. It was pitched with US-05, dry, and I have another I pitched with the same yeast (different packet of course), the same way, that I brewed on the 18th that is still bubbling away. Do I wait for the cake to drop before I re-pitch?? Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Orlando

you should take a gravity reading to see what's going on in there if you're worried. you might be surprised.

Wow, ok, that was quick. The OG was 1.052, FG calculated is 1.015-1.018, right now (10 minutes ago), I read out at 1.020! It just finished that quick I guess. Now for a good few weeks resting, as it is cloudy as sin!

Thanks all,

Orlando

Latest posts

Back