Almost a Full Brewing Setup-Missing Something- Need Advice!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

G-Ro

Reaction score
I currently have a king cooker dual burner, two 15 gallon kettles with thermometers and ball valves ( one has an upper whirlpool port), 17g Coleman cooler with bazooka screen, chugger pump, thermonator, tubing, clamps, glass carboys.

I am not sure where the expelled water will go out of the thermonator, also don’t know for sure how to keep the thermonator from clogging after the boil. Just lookin for some advice on what I should focus my attention, and money, on for the completion of this brewery. I need to make a beer by mid July for my son’s first birthday ! Thank you

It would be helpful to know what brewing procedure you intend to follow using two kettles. I am really asking how you intend to mash and sparge, assuming you are doing an all-grain brew.

Thank. I’m sorry, this is my first post on here and I was posting in a hurry.

Mashing in a rectangular Coleman cooler with bazooka straining tube and batch sparging.
I don’t know how to devise a good fly sparge system with what I have.

Sounds like you have everything you need for all-grain. You have a pump, so you can use that to pump sparge water on top of the grain bed for fly sparging if you cannot do a gravity setup. IMO, batch sparging works just as well, if not better, without the hassle...

EDIT: I didn't see a hydrometer listed? Essential equipment, IMO!

Back