ALL OUT OF HOMEBREW...drinking gin instead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xaphoeous

Reaction score
Welp, it's official. I'm out of homebrew. I am now drinking gin & tonic until my beers in primary and secondary are ready.

That is going to be a lot of gin...I'm at least 4 weeks until I can crack my first English Pale, even longer before the Porter.

Thank god I like gin!

Lime flavored? Interesting.

I typically drink Beefeater or Bombay Sapphire. I mix my Gin & Tonic quite strong, or just go for a very, very dry martini. Not a big fan of the "chewing on the pine tree in my back yard" flavor of Tanqueray. Tanquaray. Tank Array. Not sure how to spell it.

Bombay sapphire makes a good martini, but I have to go to Gordon's for an in-your-face (and cheap) gin and tonic.

Dogfish Head gin is unique too, if you ever get a chance to try it.

Wait just a tick...now that I think of it, Michigan Brewing makes a gin too. I'mma hafta try that too!

I've been switching it up and trying different things lately. I'm drinking Bulleit right now, I also like Woodford Reserve. I splurged one time for Bakers and that stuff was awsome, but at $50 a bottle I can get 2 bottles of the other stuff.

Woodford is pretty nice. I'm not even a bourbon drinker, but I can sit and have a glass of Woodford with my dad any day. Good stuff!

good gin is good.. bad gin.. is like bad tequila.. not worth it at all... better to drink BMC... oh wait no... I didn't say that... buy a decent beer and relax

Good god, I haven't been able to drink tequila since Spring Break of my freshman year of college. Had a completely EPIC day and night that week, but still can't handle tequila 11 years later!

awesome, i was just referring to beer as "nectar of the gods" to someone else a few minutes ago.

I have a couple of beers in the pipeline, but just bought another carboy today to get more going. I have only brewed with my dad until about 2 weeks ago when I bought my own equipment. So, I'm basically waiting for my "first 2 batches" to be ready.

hmm gin and tonic sounds really good right now... i might have to go get some and finish eating my left over buffalo wild wings...

mmm, BW3...very nice.

I think i'm about to head to the kitchen for one last gin & tonic before bed.

I'm a little low myself, down to about 11 gallons. :) hehehehe

2567-dsc01363.jpg

Actually, I could burn through it pretty quick. Spring is coming and I need to get off my ass and get some IPA's going...

Good god, I haven't been able to drink tequila since Spring Break of my freshman year of college. Had a completely EPIC day and night that week, but still can't handle tequila 11 years later!

Tequila is by far my favorite alcoholic drink after beer. To me, tequila is a sipper, although I love a good margarita also. Most people drink Cuervo and Patron and never really try the good stuff. There is so much variety and flavor out there.

Had some decent tequila the other day.. I think it was Don Julio. Kind of reminded me of Scotch, had a peaty flavor - not bad.

Back