All Hail Dark Lord!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imaguitargod

Reaction score
My friends been treatening to do a virtical tasting of his Dark Lords for about 5 months now and tonight we got together at the local fine beer bar and did it. 2009, 2008, and 2007 were open and saired. Dark fruits, plum, coffee, coaco..............holy hell these were amazing. General concensis was that the 2008 waws the peek and 2007 was aged too long but still amazing.

I think I've been ruined for stouts now. Everything is going to be compaired to Dark Lord. And to think, I've got a 2009 aging in my basement. What I love so much about these jhigh alcohol beers? Feeling the wave of alcohol slowly take over your system over the corse of an hour....I'm currently wrapped in a blanket of warm alcohol goodness with a homebrewed Wet Hopped IPA in my hand.

Soon it will be bed time but dreams of Dark Lord will be dancing in my brain. We also had a year aged version of Breakfest Stout and Kentucky Breakfest Stout and thne a Oak Aged Old Rasputin.......surfing the waves of alcohol.............DARK LORD! :tank:

I agree. I've only had an 09 and holy hell it was good. Best beer I have ever had. I do not think it is overrated at all. My goal is to create something as good, if not better than DL. Not a clone, but of equal or better amazingness. Damn I want one now. I'm totally going to Dark Lord Day with some people next year. Can't wait!

I have an 09 that I'm waiting for the right time to drink as well. And I completely plan on going to DL Days next year. It's only 1 state over.

Hmm, maybe I should drink the rest of my 07s if they are past their peak. On the other hand at a tasting the other day a fella broke out an 04 and a 06 and neither one of them were bad, just totally different.

Hmm, maybe I should drink the rest of my 07s if they are past their peak. On the other hand at a tasting the other day a fella broke out an 04 and a 06 and neither one of them were bad, just totally different.

I wouldn't say the 07 was bad, it was still incredible. It's just the carbination was gone and the flavors had mellowed alot. 2008 Was really the best, still carbed, flavors were awesome, etc etc.

Back