All grain Suger question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dentdr

Reaction score
Once my mashing proccess is done, do I need to add sugars/dextros to my wurt when boiling?? any help would be awesome.

No. Yes.

Depends. Can you give us some info on the brew and what your intentions are?

Based upon your recipe, no, sugar would just dry and thin the beer out. If your efficiency falls short and you want to boost it back up you can add DME to account for the inefficiency of your mash. generally 1lb will raise you 10 points.

You can take a pre-boil gravity reading which should fall about 7-10 points below your expected OG post boil.

Based upon your recipe, no, sugar would just dry and thin the beer out. If your efficiency falls short and you want to boost it back up you can add DME to account for the inefficiency of your mash. generally 1lb will raise you 10 points.

You can take a pre-boil gravity reading which should fall about 7-10 points below your expected OG post boil.

Thank You Very insightfull

Actually, we really need to know what you are trying to make, intended flavors, intended abv and what the batch size is, otherwise, we are taking a shot in the dark.

Latest posts

Back