Alexis from France !!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alexis42

Reaction score
Hi guys !!!

I'm Alex from France, i have been brewing about 6months now. Started with a extract kit, and quickly jumped into the all grain world haha
It kind of became an addiction to brew every 2 weeks, even my girlfriend is so into it.

We brew small batches 2.5gal every-times, as we are still on experimentation, we don't want to waste big batch if we fail. Anyway, we have been brewing only hight fermentation beer, due to no coolroom or space for another fridge in our small appartement ( we got a cave so we might be able to do something this coming winter ).

We made some Blonde Pale Ale, Amber, a porter, IPA and we tried a fruity one with raspberry ( total fail, was more like monster energy drink, hmmm i should have sent my CV to them haha ) and the last one was an English Pale Ale which we brewed this afternoon.

I got huge help on a french forum, by understanding all the steps and still learning a lot. I'm joining the english community cause i know it's way bigger, so might get more informations.

Thank's guys and see u around the forum !!!

Welcome Alex. Relatively new here myself. Fantastic resource and a really generous group of people. What part of France do you come from? (ancien chef, français)?

Thanks to all of you !!!

Welcome Alex. Relatively new here myself. Fantastic resource and a really generous group of people. What part of France do you come from? (ancien chef, français)?

I'm living around "Lyon" in a really peaceful town. One of my friend did an edit with his drone showing our town, really relaxing.

Oh, beautiful. Of all wine, pinot noir is my deepest pleasure and of pinot, Burgundy is the center for me. That, and bring on beaujolais. Jacques Pépin, Daniel Boulud, Paul Bocuse...so many. Charcuterie!

Very cool little film, Alex. Thanks for that as well!

Oh, beautiful. Of all wine, pinot noir is my deepest pleasure and of pinot, Burgundy is the center for me. That, and bring on beaujolais. Jacques Pépin, Daniel Boulud, Paul Bocuse...so many. Charcuterie!

Very cool little film, Alex. Thanks for that as well!

Oh yeah, red wine. I really appreciate it, but sadly know nothing about it ... And as u said, charcuterie !!! The perfect combo with wine/beer. did u just travel in France ? or lived here for a while ?

No, mon ami, French chef for 40ish years (well, many of those early years were apprentice years, I should say). Took to the language extremely early. Fleur-de-lis above my bed when I was a child....!

pearnap1.jpg

I lived in Paris for a year. I have a fond memory of dancing in the street with a strange woman on one cool November evening when the beaujolais nouveau was released. Restaurants shut down service and the owner/cooks came out, turned on 1950's dance music, and joined us. Bottles of wine were everywhere. Good times.

I lived in Paris for a year. I have a fond memory of dancing in the street with a strange woman on one cool November evening when the beaujolais nouveau was released. Restaurants shut down service and the owner/cooks came out, turned on 1950's dance music, and joined us. Bottles of wine were everywhere. Good times.

Haha brilliant !! U just missed the 2017 Beaujolais nouveau, it was last week. U might have to comeback next year !!!

Back