ALE or LAGER

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What did you brew more of this year?

• ALE

• LAGER

Results are only viewable after voting.
Just started home brewing (third batch this weekend) but so far only ales; mainly because I don't have the needed equipment to lager. Then again I've always preferred ales over lagers so even if I did have the equipment I would probably do a lot more ales anyways.

Curtis2010 said:
Interesting. Living here in Guate for many years and never even heard of it. Will have to do some reasearch.

I think it is all exported to Aldi Süd stores.

(Sorry for the thread drift everyone...but should be brief).

It appears that this is brewed here in Guate, but 100% exported. Never seen it here in Guate. Interesting.

(Sorry for the thread drift everyone...but should be brief).

It appears that this is brewed here in Guate, but 100% exported. Never seen it here in Guate. Interesting.

Turns out there are a number of beers brewed here in Guate for export only. Never seen any of them on the shelf here. See Guate Brewing thread for more details.

To bad. It tastes like I think a cervesa should. That is to say,little or no skunking. I get it at Aldi's grocery stores up here. I hate to think what it'd cost to ship it back your way?...

To bad. It tastes like I think a cervesa should. That is to say,little or no skunking. I get it at Aldi's grocery stores up here. I hate to think what it'd cost to ship it back your way?...

Shipping to Guate is not bad, there are a number of freight forwarders that specialize in that. Shipping inside the USA is crazy expensive by comparison.

Maybe we can make contact with someone at the brewery who can slip out a few bottles for us.

Ale. And nothing but. I drank lager until I was fifty-something, not knowing any better. Once I was introduced to the world of ales, and subsequently to homebrewing, I've never looked back.

Ale by far, but I did brew my first two lagers (pils and dunkel) this year. I don't like having to dedicate the ferm fridge to lager temps for so long.

Back