Alaskan Brewing coming to Texas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Butcher

Reaction score
I saw on facebook they will be distributing to Texas. Lucky bastards. Someday they will make it out to Ohio.

Ooooh, when? I haven't had any Alaska Brewing Company beers since, well, since I was in Alaska, come to think of it. :drunk:

The H.E.B. here has a pretty good selection, so I'm enjoying lots of other beers I can't get in Michigan- like St. Arnold's, Deschuttes, Real Ale, and several others. But I'd love to try some old favorites again!

I'm looking forward to find some of these beer and try them. Lots of good breweries popping up especially in the houston area finally

Southern Star Buried Hatched. IF it was a woman, I'd make sweet sweet love to it. An amazing stout - and I dont like stouts!

YES!!! Double win because I can now cancel that Alaskan cruise I had been planning!

Southern Star Buried Hatched. IF it was a woman, I'd make sweet sweet love to it. An amazing stout - and I dont like stouts!

Buried Hatched is awesome, there seasonal Le Mort Vivant was bad ass too. I want that beer year round. I cant wait till Karbach to be in stores. My favorite right now is Rodeo Clown Karbach's double IPA. So good. Supposely March 5 you'll see them in stores idk just houston or what yet. Also No Label is getting a bottling line so not to far from them hitting the shelves. :ban:

You can have it - once the initial excitement is over you will see they do not make THAT great of a beer. Sales plummeted in Wisconsin after the 1st month!

I didn't realize there was a huge demand for them, they are very common among my frequented stores.

If you want some that bad Butcher, send me a PM and we can do some trading. I NEED TO TRY PLINY DANGIT!

Ooooh, when? I haven't had any Alaska Brewing Company beers since, well, since I was in Alaska, come to think of it. :drunk:

The H.E.B. here has a pretty good selection, so I'm enjoying lots of other beers I can't get in Michigan- like St. Arnold's, Deschuttes, Real Ale, and several others. But I'd love to try some old favorites again!

See if you can find any Rahr "Winter Warmer". I just picked up a 6-pack yesterday (in Dallas). Mmmmmm!

OH Man! I havent had a brew from Alaskan Brewing since...., well last night :) The Amber is probably one of my favorite beers ever. Cheers to being in Alaska!

There was still some Bourbon Barrel Winter Warmer left at Two Bucks on Tuesday. I got to try it at the Draught House over xmas break. Wishing I lived in Fort Worth so I could get a bomber. :/

I always thought Alaskan was a Breckenridge Brewery type of brand (terrible). Just a wannabe Coors, really.

I grew up in Alaska. My mom loves Alaskan Amber. Now in Houston. I can't wait to see if it holds up to the expectations i have.

Yesterday I was thinking the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. I wonder how many beers I enjoy and take for granted the west coast wishes they could get their hands on. Thankfully my sister lives in Alaska so I send her wine and she sends me beer I can't get here, which is how I found out about smoked porter in the first place.

I'm really happy to see Alaskan coming to Houston! I've had it once whilst in Seattle, and liked the amber.

And ditto to the other comments about Southern Star and Karbach---awesome stuff! Nice to see local outfits beginning to really get some buzz.

Karbach is releasing its smoked Dopplebock today - pontificator i believe. Gonna be at the brewery tomorrow to try it. I'm tempting to go the the st arnolds pub craw but probably check out hay merchant.

Karbach is releasing its smoked Dopplebock today - pontificator i believe. Gonna be at the brewery tomorrow to try it. I'm tempting to go the the st arnolds pub craw but probably check out hay merchant.

Oh yeah, the St. Arnold's pub crawl!!! Gah, I can't do it this weekend but wish I could!

Come to think about it I have never tried any of their beers with the exception of their seasonal smoked porter which is amazing by the way. Although I got a real good clone recipe for it and now I can have it any time I want.

THIS IS ****ING AWESOME NEWS!!! Thanks for posting, I checked Alaskan's website and the info is in their "press release" section.

The bombers of the whisky warmer seemed to be everywhere this year versus last year when they were expensive and hard to find. I could see the regular winter warmer still sitting around some non-craft bottle shops but even the local grocery stores have sold out and started carrying Iron Thistle for the past month or so.

The bombers of the whisky warmer seemed to be everywhere this year versus last year when they were expensive and hard to find. I could see the regular winter warmer still sitting around some non-craft bottle shops but even the local grocery stores have sold out and started carrying Iron Thistle for the past month or so.

Goody Goody has a pretty decent selection of craft beers - I went back and picked up another 6-er of Winter Warmer and a six pack of Mirror Pond. Then checked out the new Spec's and got 2 six-packs of Bigfoot, 2 six-packs of Real Ale Lost Gold IPA (first time I've seen it in bottles - had it on tap at the State Fair last fall and liked it), and a small bottle of Monk's Cafe Flemish Sour Ale which I have never tried. Expensive day. :drunk:

i'm drinking the summer ale (kolsch-style) - excellent!! wish i had 5 more (was one of a pick-your-own 6)

You can have it - once the initial excitement is over you will see they do not make THAT great of a beer. Sales plummeted in Wisconsin after the 1st month!

Yeah, i've bought several sixers in the past few weeks and they get a big "meh." Not horrible, just nothing i'd wanna buy again. Of course they might have some seasonal/specialty brews that are worth trying, but i'm not very impressed so far.

Got a chance to pick up some of the Alaskan Amber here in Houston - Slightly disappointed in that it didn't taste as good as up in Alaska. Not quite sure of the right wording but a little more bland than I remember. Don't know if it has to do with shipping or if their processes changed to grow their capacity.

Still good but not one that would have stuck with me.

Surprisingly, my first beer I just finished a few weeks ago taste a lot like it in some ways - only an alaskan amber made with trappist yeast - interesting combination.

i'm drinking the summer ale (kolsch-style) - excellent!! wish i had 5 more (was one of a pick-your-own 6)

I had that too last week, it's a perfect beer for this time of year. Gave me thoughts about brewing a kolsch soon

I keep meaning to try out the wit. I am really hoping we get the smoked porter as well.

Although kinda on/off topic, I saw at specs in Dallas some Adelbert's bottles are finally making their way up here from Austin.

Back