Airlock bubbling

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I get the "you need help look" from SWMBO all the time when Im in front of the primary watching it do its thing.

dont get caught staring at the airlock after smoking a nice joint and sinking a few homebrews after a hard day brewing:D :D :D ....................again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You guys are freaks.

Out of sight, out of mind. Keep it in the basement and forget about it for a couple of weeks at a time.

After the first day or so of a primary fermentation I like to open my little brewcloset door to be greeted by a wall of C02. I keep a towel at the bottom of the door so It's pretty much all the Co2 hehe. What a homebrewing rush! :)

I had to sniff mine before I left for work this morning. It just makes the day go by a little better knowing you have beer fermenting away in your closet.

After you get a couple primaries going at the same time in the closet, your clothes have that fresh homebrewed scent that's so hard to get with normal laundry detergent.

jrp3 said:
I called my wife over to read this whole thread, just to prove to her that I'm not the only one!

Probably got the same look as if you had shown her one of the websites dedicated to "adult babies". My wife thinks I'm completely crazy for brewing, especially since we live across the street from a liquor store. She doesn't grief me too badly about it, but it's just one more things to the long list of reasons why she thinks I'm a complete geek. Then I remind her that the only thing worse than being a geek is being a geek-f'er. And I remind her that her son is half geek.

Chimone said:
I had to sniff mine before I left for work this morning. It just makes the day go by a little better knowing you have beer fermenting away in your closet.
funny thing!
can one get addicted to effervescing beer?
my wife and children - drinking and non-drinking - all enjoy sniffing the air locks AND they all know not to do it when I am not present
you got to do this in a controlled and responsible fashion

Builds anticipation
assures you that it's worth it
gets you itching to start the next batch ASAP

Yes I had to "check" my lager this morning since I decanted it to the 2° last night - wonderful smell in that fridge!

Back