AHS Extract Recommendation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

36bones

Reaction score
I'm looking to step up to an all extract batch. AHS is where I get my kits from. I was wondering which of the ale kits might be good. The last batch I made was the Coopers Select IPA with a hop tea. Any recommendations on which Gold Seal ale extract might be good to try? I really enjoyed the IPA I made. I want to try something different.

anything from ahs. Don't be afraid to branch out from the gold seal stuff, there's no reason you couldn't brew ANY of their extract kits.

If you liked the IPA, maybe try one of their millions of other ipa kits? :D They have tons of variety. Or if there's a commercial beer you'd like to clone they make some great clone kits.

Good luck!

I'd go for the AHS Anniversary Amber. I haven't actually tried it finished yet, but it tasted great just before bottling (even with priming sugar added). I'll let you know how it is on Friday when it should be ready.

Try the Citra Pale Ale. I jest kegged and carbed the extract kit and it tastes so good.

I'd skip the Gold Seal kits and go with a "regular" extract kit. They have great instructions, and you can easily do it. I'd recommend any of them- they are all good. I've done quite a few of them in the past, and never had a complaint.

I didn't realize there was a drop down menu, so you could pick the kits of your choice. Now I have unlimited possibilities. I feel a little stupid for not noticing that.

I did their Great Divide Yeti clone and it's dead on. Still got the Chimay blue and the Rouge Imperial IPA in the buckets.

I don't think you can go wrong with the AHS recipe kits as long as you pick a style you like. The Texas Kolsch (mini-mash) disappeared in a damn hurry and the Texas Blonde is in the fermenter now (all extract with a little lemon grass added based on AHS staff recommendation). The Blonde was my fifth batch and I never even looked at the Gold Seal kits. Didn't even know they existed until someone mentioned them in another thread.

the ahs cream ale is a VERY good kit also the anniversary wit is good.both these scored 39 and a 36 in a local bjcp contest I entered them in.I Used notty for the cream ale and fermented it at 62 degrees.I used wlp 400 for the wit and fermented it at 74 degrees.

I did the Anniversary Pale Ale and dry hopped it with falconers flight and found it to be one of my favorite beers to date. AHS is my LHBS so I get all my stuff from them. Don't think you can really go wrong with their kits.

I did the Anniversary Pale Ale and dry hopped it with falconers flight and found it to be one of my favorite beers to date. AHS is my LHBS so I get all my stuff from them. Don't think you can really go wrong with their kits.

i did that same kit and replaced the hallerteau hops with 1oz citra hops at 15 minutes and 1oz at 10 minutes.
today after work i get my first taste. can't wait!

Back