Ahh! Too Cold!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dok

Reaction score
I brewed a German Lager Monday. I went by to check it and mysteriously the sensor for my fridge was outside the fridge lying on the floor. Temp was in the 30's because the fridge ran the whole time. I know it will be fine. I just wanted to ***** about it in this forum where people understood. I get no sympathy from my wife when it comes to matters of brewing. My only thought at this point is if after I warm it up to 50 degrees I may hit it with some more O2. Any thoughts?

Don't hit it with O2 unless the gravity is still close to OG.. If it's started fermenting quite a bit just warm it up and rouse the yeast...

Don't hit it with O2 unless the gravity is still close to OG.. If it's started fermenting quite a bit just warm it up and rouse the yeast...

It hasn't started at all. There is a slight kreusen layer on top and no bubbles from the airlock. I decided I will not ad the O2 just because I don't want to change any of my normal procedure. I just thought it may help jumpstart it.

It hasn't started at all. There is a slight kreusen layer on top and no bubbles from the airlock. I decided I will not ad the O2 just because I don't want to change any of my normal procedure. I just thought it may help jumpstart it.

Of course it started, you stated that "There is a slight kreusen layer"

Yeah, if there is krausen on top it has started fermenting. Have you taken a hydro reading? If it's still at or very near OG you can aerate it. Otherwise just let it ride...

Back