AHA 'Mead Day'

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone is going to make anything for the AHA's 'Mead day'? Just saw it today. Think I'll take their suggested recipe, cut it back to a 1gallon batch, and make a bochet.

I just cracked open a bottle of the bochet I started back in November and bottled in April. OMG- makes me wish I did batches bigger than 1 gallon!
I need to find the thread I followed during that time so I can refresh myself on how I did it.

I have a bochet started about 4 months ago sitting in the carboy waiting to be bottled. Did you backsweeten yours?
No need. OG was 1.103, FG after 2 months was stable at 1.006. Bottled in February, not April. It's an interesting flavor. Slightly sweet. slightly tart. notes of stone fruit(apricot?) and dark fruit (prune?) . I'd send it somewhere to a competition, but I only have 3 more bottles and this is too good to waste. Definitely need to do it again.

Latest posts

Back