Aging Still Cider in Wine Bottle in Fridge

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

balderdash

Reaction score
Hello! I am finishing up my first (very basic but tasty) cider. Am I correct in understanding a still cider that finishes fermentation at 1.000 or below should be safe to bottle in a standard wine bottle? If I age it in the fridge will that add an additional layer of safety? I'm paranoid of misreading the hydrometer and accidentally creating a bomb. Thanks!

Check the FG a couple of times over a week or so. If it is stable, it is ready to bottle as a still. You can age it in the fridge if you want. But I put mine in the shed.

Hello! I am finishing up my first (very basic but tasty) cider. If I age it in the fridge will that add an additional layer of safety?
If you like the taste, drink it up now, you can lay back a few bottles for aging if you wish, but the taste might not improve with age, it might turn into something you don't like.

If you like the taste, drink it up now, you can lay back a few bottles for aging if you wish, but the taste might not improve with age, it might turn into something you don't like.
Thanks for the advice! I have a few bottles I intend to consume ASAP, it came out a lot better than expected. One I will leave as an experiment!

Back