Ageing white and rose

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joey82

Reaction score
I read that after so long white and rose wine don't benefit from being aged as long as red wine. Does anyone have any experience or advice from this? I made a nice batch of strawberry and rhubarb last year which is a nice rose that I am leaving to bulk age. If it isn't going to benefit from being aged after a certain length of time, then I'd rather bottle and drink it than leave it age any longer as I'm not the most patient person any way, it's a miracle that I've left it as long as I have.

:mug:

When it comes to fruit wines things are a bit different from regular white ones. Red wines typically benefits from long aging to soften the tannins. White, or fruit wines will typically benefits from an aging, but to help soften the acid content. With a strawberry wine I would in fact recommends an aging of at least one year to help soften the acid content and intensify the flavor. Hope this helps!

Back